Saturday 20 July 2013

Saturday, 2pm-5pm, Flyer Fiction 2: Dynamic Positioning Strategy

I thought Saturday afternoon might be fairly busy, but it was so unbearably hot that I think a lot of people went wild swimming or picnicking in a shady park or something. There were a few bikes chained up outside Cornerhouse when I arrived for my 2pm-5pm slot and during my observation period for the first hour, not a lot happened. I'm guessing most of the owners were having lunch in the cafe. Of the movement that there was in the first hour, one bike came and went within five minutes, which got written into the story, one bike arrived (a friend coming to see me), and one bike left (a friend who didn't see me). There were some old racers, so I decided one of the characters would have a racer. So here's Flyer Fiction 2.

--

Dynamic Positioning Strategy
By Sarah-Clare Conlon

Anna was an artist and she liked to express herself through the medium of dance. But when the key got stuck, she didn't know where to put herself and for the first time in ages, she wasn't going anywhere fast.

Matt spotted the woman flopped down cross-legged on the pavement as he scuttled back to his bike five minutes after he'd first tied it up, and sped over.

His swiftness impressed Anna and instinctively she flung her hand into the air and found herself back on her feet in an instant. Smooth moves, she thought, as Matt deftly fixed the lock and set her free. Fast mover, she thought, as he unhitched his racer and invited her out for a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.